Can't flash/run nano RP2040 connect while on board

Hey Diego,

I actually haven’t tested with the RP2040 Connect, so I’ll order one and test it myself. But that’s actually very interesting. My first guess is that the RP2040 Connect has the REC pin (which seems to act like pressing the BOOT button on a Pico or the Jumperless) in the place where on a regular Nano, it would be a the second RESET pin. The header on the Jumperless connects them together, so that might be doing something that’s either holding the Connect in reset or not allowing it to assert CSn on the flash chip.

But luckily, there’s a solder jumper on the Jumperless you can cut (RESET 0) that will disconnect the 2 RST pins from each other that might help. It shouldn’t affect anything on a regular Arduino Nano. (Don’t worry about permanently fucking up your Jumperless, if you do, I’ll send you a replacement for free)

That second USB device (cu.usbmodem03) acts as the routable USB-Serial device that can be connected with the logic analyzer part in Wokwi

It’s pretty crude, it just reads anything it gets over serial and sends it out over UART, and I’m not entirely sure the RP2040 has a bootloader that just accepts a .hex file over UART after a reset. When my RP2040 Connect gets here, I’ll try it out and let you know.
Another possible issue is that with a regular Arduino Nano, the RP2040 built into the Jumperless is just sooo much faster (20MHz vs 133MHz) that any timing issues shouldn’t matter.

Also, the Jumperless you have already has the protection resistors shorted, I had them reworked at the factory. Not like it matters in this particular case, because the Connect is a 3.3V board anyway.

Anyways, let me know if any of that helps. We’ll get this figured out.

-Kevin